Friday, April 22, 2011

International Year of Forests

You may or may not be aware that the UN has declared 2011 to be the International Year of Forests. Over at Flickr there is an International Year of Forests group dedicated to photography of forest ecology in its natural state. I'll be cross-posting my contributions there to here from time to time.

Red Squirrel
(Click for my Flickr)

This Red Squirrel (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus) lives just outside my cabin, along with a few others. This was actually shot through the picture window while sitting on my couch. Wildlife photography doesn't get much easier than that!
All the squirrels up here seem quite bold, and will stand chattering on tree limbs just out of reach. I encountered one on my first visit to Denali that I thought was going to jump right on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment