Wednesday, August 28, 2013

I am in Alaska

Fairbanks, specifically, and it's sooo pleasant here this time of year. I'm getting back into the groove of coming in to the GI each day to read and write. And of course I'm already planning weekend adventures. The drive up was uneventful, I took the 'direct' route, I70 -> I15 -> Alaska Highway, in order to save time. Definitely take the Cassiar Highway over the Alaska Highway if it's wilderness and adventure you want. I did timelapse the whole thing. Here are a couple of pictures from along the way:

Montana mountains
Mountain near Gates of the Mountains in Montana.

DSC_4386
A somewhat boring image of the Kiskatinaw curved wooden bridge on the old Alaska Highway.

Canadian traffic jam
Canadian traffic jam.

DSC_4425
Signpost forest in Watson Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment